Associate Wealth Advisor - Job Description
A career with Covenant Wealth Strategies (CWS) is an investment into your future. Our desire is to form long-lasting and mutually beneficial relationships amongst team members, clients and the community. The Associate Wealth Advisor is an integral part of CWS’ growth strategy and vision.
Covenant Wealth Strategies’ competitive incentive package includes a base salary, bonus opportunities, healthcare, 401K, 5+ weeks of paid time off, paid holidays and allowance for professional development.
The Associate Wealth Advisor (AWA) will begin with serving existing CWS clients and will develop into generating new clients from networking, referral sources and relationship-building activities. The AWA will provide proactive concierge service to existing and new clients they introduce to the firm. This includes providing independent, unbiased financial planning advice to clients of Covenant Wealth Strategies. All clients are and will be clients of Covenant Wealth Strategies.
- Support the firm’s growth strategy by generating and developing new clients from networking activities, referral sources and relationship-building activities.
- Effectively communicate CWS’ vision, service and value proposition to existing clients, potential clients and new clients.
- Attend all CWS client events (~1 per month).
- Attend events hosted by sponsored organizations (~2 – 5 per month).
- Seek out new networking and relationship-building opportunities.
- Participate in weekly investment committee meetings.
- Responsible for having a thorough understanding of investments and the current financial environment.
- Develop into assuming primary relationship responsibilities.
- Knowledge of all compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Strive for continuous professional development.
- Update the financial plans upon request by the client or as their life situations change.
- Provide proactive concierge service:
- Conduct semi-annual client strategy sessions or as requested by the client.
- Timely and positive client outreaches throughout the year.
- Seeking opportunities to exceed expectations.
- Coordinate with the administrative staff to identify and prepare the appropriate paperwork to execute various investments approved by each client.
- Work collaboratively with the financial planning team to enhance and complete financial plans.
- Develop and maintain written documentation of all activities.
- Assume responsibility for successful completion of other tasks outside of the formal job description.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- CFP or ChFC required within the first three years of employment.
- FINRA Series 7, 66, and L&H.
- Additional certifications, e.g. RICP, AIF, CFS etc. are very desirable as part of continuing professional development.
- Undergraduate college degree in Finance or comparable work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the securities industry’s rules & regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including attention to details and follow-through.
- Ability to prioritize and operate with time-sensitive deadlines.
- A creative mind, a positive outlook and an optimistic team-player.
- Commitment to providing extraordinary proactive concierge service.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with different personalities.
- A genuine interest and care for other people and a desire to help.
- Commitment to the firm’s growth strategy and goals.
- Professional presentation and demeanor.
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude.
- Confidence in professional aptitude.
- Flexibility and willingness to serve the needs of clients.
- Strong communicator.
About Covenant Wealth Strategies
Covenant Wealth Strategies offers independent and comprehensive financial planning and investment strategies. As our clients’ most trusted advisor, the team at Covenant Wealth Strategies is a catalyst, striving to build financial security, see dreams fulfilled and create enduring legacies. Our clients’ success and well-being is our number one priority as we strive to put them in a position of strength to make educated decisions and achieve their goals.
Resumes can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with Associate Wealth Advisor in the subject line.